London, Feb 6 : Aviation experts have expressed doubts about Iran's new fighter jet, which, according to Tehran is its one of the most aircraft in the world, capable of evading radar, bombing, and landing on short airstrips.
The jet, known as the ''Qaher 313'', was unveiled last week at a ceremony involving Iran''s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and other high-level officials.
But aviation experts raised doubts over capabilities of the aircraft based on an analysis of photos released by the Iranian government.
David Cenciotti of the blog The Aviationist, pointed out that the wiring of the cockpit''s front panel appears too simple and the cockpit seems too small for a pilot to fit inside, the Daily Mail reports.
Cenciotti also noted the plane''s air intakes are also quite small and the back engine contains no nozzle for afterburners, which would probably cause the minor setback of melting the entire jet.
Iran released images of the plane in flight, but both Cenciotti and experts on Flight International believe that the film was actually of a remote-controlled aircraft modelled to resemble the Qaher 313.
The extremely poor quality of the video and the fact it did not include footage of the Qaher 313 taking off or landing were behind their skepticism, the paper said. (ANI)
- Rohit Verma during his fashion show
- Rohit Verma with Swati Loomba during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rohhit Verma with Shilpa Marigold during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rohhit Verma with Shiba during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rahul Roy, Shilpa Marigold with Rohhit Verma during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show