Havana, Dec 3: A study to assess Cuba's mining resource potential for a national development strategy was presented at a national workshop that ended here Saturday, Cuban National Information Agency reported Sunday.
Conducted by Cuban National Institute of Geology and Palaeontology (IGP), the study covers reserves across the country and serves as an indispensable tool for government decisions, a Xinhua report said.
IGP Director Enrique Castellanos said the study would contribute to the reduction of fuel consumption and execution time and bring mineral sources closer to both producers and consumers.
It would also help save cement by increasing the production of other binders such as pozzolan, lime and plaster, Castellanos told the workshop on how to increase housing resilience in areas vulnerable to natural, hydrometeorological or geological events.
He also presented a map and a database of rocks and industrial mineral reservoirs in Cuba. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"