Havana, March 16: The government has launched an overhaul of Cuba's communications and information technology sectors, the Communist Party daily Granma said.
The Ministry of Information Technology and Communications becomes the Ministry of Communications and is responsible for regulatory and institutional matters, according to a decree cited by the newspaper Friday.
To take over the operational and business aspects, the government has created the Postal Enterprise Group and the Information Technology and Communications Group, two management bodies that will be assisted by the ministry.
These groups cover all postal, radiocommunications and IT companies including insurance and services for the two sectors, which are both under state control.
The decision is part of the "process of perfecting the central administration of the state and providing a governmental structure adjusted to the current circumstances the country is going through", Granma said.
In recent years, the government of President Raul Castro has undertaken a series of changes in the structure of its ministries and institutions. (IASN)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"