New Delhi, March 16 : Hundreds of cyclists participated in a rally here Saturday to spread awareness about saving non-renewable energy resources.
The cyclothon was organised to create awareness about the 'Earth Hour 2013', which will be observed March 23. People across the world have been urged to turn off their lights for one hour from 8.30 p. m. to support the energy saving campaign.
"It is fantastic to see Delhiites coming forward and stepping up their commitment towards the environment," said Ravi Singh, secretary general and chief executive officer of WWF-India.
The rally was flagged off from the city's Lodhi Road by Ravi Singh and John Holden, CEO, Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance, which partnered in organising the event.
Holden said: "Renewable energy - the theme for Earth Hour 2013 - has an integral role in our lives and we pledge to use all resources responsibly and continue to identify ways in which we can reduce their consumption for a greener planet."
"I am looking forward to complete full 16 km of the rally. More such events should be conducted to spread awareness," Pathany Ford, a participant, said.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"