New Delhi, Dec 5 : The Government of Delhi has ordered a probe into the death of four ICU patients at the state-run Sushruta Trauma Centre on Tuesday due to the malfunctioning of an oxygen supply machine.
Expressing grief over the incident, Delhi Health Minister A. K Walia said all required steps will be taken to ensure that such incidents do not recur.
Walia said he will hold a meeting to review the functioning of all Delhi Government-run hospitals in the city.
A senior physician of the Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital. Dr. A K Sethi and Dr. Deepak Tempe, the head of the Department of Anaesthesia at the Govind Ballabh Pant Hospital, have been appointed members of the inquiry committee.
The four patients died after the sudden stoppage of oxygen supply on Tuesday.
According to reports, the alarm indicating oxygen supply shutdown went off at 6.40 a. m. and the supply could not be restored for 30 minutes - a delay that allegedly led to the death of four of the five patients in the ICU at that time. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"