New Delhi, Sep 3 : Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dixit Tuesday launched the "citizen plus card" that offers medical privileges to the capital's senior citizens, officials said.
An initiative by Max super speciality hospital at Patparganj in east Delhi, the card will help Delhi residents above the age of 55 years avail a range of medical facilities and related amenities at the hospital.
The card will entitle holders to avail benefits on all preventive health check-ups, diagnostic, ambulance and out-patient department services, medicines and room rents resulting in major savings, the hospital said.
The card will be issued free and does not have any membership fee. It aims to improve the quality of life of the "fairly large population of senior citizens in Delhi".
"Seniors living in independent households have increased manifold. This age group needs frequent check-ups and diagnosis," said Neeraj Mishra, vice president (operations) at the hospital.
"Seniors are also likely to have chronic ailments, requiring admissions quite often and hence there is an urgent need to develop a comprehensive health care system exclusively for the elderly," he added.
The card will ensure that senior citizens are minimally dependent on others when it comes to accessing prompt and quality medical attention. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"