New Delhi, Dec 5 : Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj on Wednesday said the Congress-led UPA Government has managed to win the FDI vote in Lok Sabha technically, but morally it has been defeated. "Today it has been clear that the government is in minority, this is the third consecutive chance that the government has been failed to manage simple minimum majority. But, despite being in majority, they are saying to carry on their policies.
This is called the arrogance of power," said Swaraj. "Today, along with the Congress, SP and BSP have been also exposed. The people have seen the deference between their work and words. If they were indeed against FDI, they should have voted. Because, if they have acted according to their speeches, the government might have been defeated, but they supported the government and FDI by their abstentions," she added.
Terming the FDI vote as a `contest between pragmatism and ideological blinkers', Minister of Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari earlier said: "Ultimately reform and pragmatism have won, this decision, which have been endorsed by the Lok Sabha will straighten the Indian economy." The BJP's motion against FDI was defeated in Lok Sabha as
218 members voted in favour of the motion, while 253 voted against. Samajwadi Party's 21 MPs and Bahujan Samaj Party's 22 MPs abstained from voting on the FDI issue. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"