Bodh Gaya (Bihar), July 9 - The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Tuesday said it did not want to play any politics on the blasts at the Mahabodhi temple here, even as it accused the UPA government of failing to control terrorism in the country.
Top BJP leaders, including party president Rajnath Singh and Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitely, visited the site of the blasts Tuesday.
"The entire matter should be investigated. The BJP doesn't want any politics on this issue. The government has failed to contain terrorism," BJP president Rajnath Singh said here.
He added that the BJP wants a comprehensive action plan to control biological, cyber or chemical attacks in the country.
"Sleeper modules of international terrorist organisations must have carried out the blasts," Rajnath Singh said.
"I demand that the central government takes some steps for the security of this international Buddhist place of worship. I will request the government to ensure that there is coordination between intelligence, security and investigating agencies."
Asked whether there was an intelligence failure regarding the blasts at the Mahabodhi temple, he said: "It is possible that specific intelligence inputs were not given. But if the inputs had been given then at least the major Buddhist shrines should have been protected by the state as well as the central governments."
Refusing to comment on whether Congress leaders should also have visited the blast site, Jaitely said: "It is for them to take a call."
On Sunday, a string of bomb explosions rocked this Bihar town where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment 2,500 years ago.
The temple at Bodh Gaya in Gaya district is a Unesco World Heritage site. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"