Islamabad, Oct. 12 : An editorial in a Pakistani daily has said that a dumb approach towards U. S. drone attacks will blow up on Pakistan''s face.
The only reason the U. S. relies so heavily on drones is because Pakistan''s military has not stepped up and fought the Afghan Taliban and its allies. So, the country ends up playing what many perceive as a double game. Pakistan is an active colluder with the U. S. on drone attacks, giving them intelligence and tacit approval. For public consumption, it plays dumb, the editorial in The Express Tribune.
The best route the government and the military can now take is that of public honesty. Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar came close to doing so when she said that her problem with drone attacks was their legality and that she supported the killing of militants, it added.
Pakistan needs to go a step further and admit its collusion in the drone programme. It may increase short-term pressure on the government but would ultimately make the fight against militancy easier. It would also expose those elements that are trying to appease all sides and in doing so, are making peace more unlikely, as pernicious actors. It is time for the drone war to be calmly scrutinized, it concluded. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"