Dhaka, Aug 11 - Eight people were killed and 35 others got injured in a road accident in Bangladesh, police said.
The accident took place Saturday afternoon when two passenger buses coming from opposite directions collided head-on in Gobindaganj in Gaibandha district, some 270 km northwest of the capital Dhaka, Xinhua reported citing Sheikh Delwar Hossain, police chief of Gobindaganj.
While five people died on the spot, three more passengers succumbed to their injuries on the way to hospital, Hossain said, adding the cause of the accident is being probed.
Bangladesh has one of the highest fatality rates for road accidents in the world, mainly due to shoddy highways, poorly-maintained vehicles, violation of traffic rules by inept drivers and lack of monitoring of the traffic department. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"