Dhaka, Aug 11 - Eight people were killed and 35 others got injured in a road accident in Bangladesh, police said.
The accident took place Saturday afternoon when two passenger buses coming from opposite directions collided head-on in Gobindaganj in Gaibandha district, some 270 km northwest of the capital Dhaka, Xinhua reported citing Sheikh Delwar Hossain, police chief of Gobindaganj.
While five people died on the spot, three more passengers succumbed to their injuries on the way to hospital, Hossain said, adding the cause of the accident is being probed.
Bangladesh has one of the highest fatality rates for road accidents in the world, mainly due to shoddy highways, poorly-maintained vehicles, violation of traffic rules by inept drivers and lack of monitoring of the traffic department. (IANS)
- Sanjay Puri with his wife during Just Cavalli Fragrance launch party
- Rocky S and Samantha during Just Cavalli Fragrance launch party
- Remu and Naaz Zaveri with Gauri Malhotra Narang during Just Cavalli Fragrance launch party
- Rashmi Nigam during Just Cavalli Fragrance launch party
- Rahul Aggarwal during Just Cavalli Fragrance launch party