Ranchi, Aug 20 - The Jharkhand government Tuesday suspended an executive engineer from whose vehicle Rs. 23 lakh in cash was seized by police.
Police Sunday seized the money from the vehicle of Prem Nath Sah at Ramgarh district, while he was going to Patna from Ranchi.
"Chief Minister Hement Soren has ordered the immediate suspension of housing department's executive engineer Prem Nath Sah," a press statement said.
Soren has asked for an investigate into the matter, to send a clear message among the employees that corruption would not be tolerated.
Police found a suitcase filled with cash in the man's car. Rs. 20 lakh was recovered in Rs. 1,000-denomination notes, while Rs. 3 lakh was found in notes of Rs. 500 denomination.
The engineer told the police that he received the cash through a middleman after selling his piece of land in Patna. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"