Addis Ababa, Feb 14 - Ethiopia will be hosting the first international exhibition of private art collection from more than 24 countries in March at the National Museum in the capital Addis Ababa.
Organised under the name BRIDGES by the embassy of Portugal in collaboration with the Ethiopian Ministry of Culture and Tourism, the International Art Exhibition displays private collection of fine art and other rare works from Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas, reported Xinhua.
According to the organisers, the exhibition includes rare and important works from the 15th century to the 21st century.
Ambassador Antonio Cotrim of Portugal and Ambassador Isabel Heyvert of Brazil as well as curators Isabel Boavida and Desta Meghoo Wednesday briefed journalists in Addis Ababa on the launch of the exhibition.
They said the art exhibition is an opportunity to promote cultural exchanges among peoples of the world.
According to Ambassador Cotrim, the International Art Exhibition to be launched on March 2 includes paintings, prints, miniatures, photography, crafts, furniture and fabrics from 25 countries.
One of the curators Desta Meghoo told Xinhua that a very significant piece of the Ming Dynasty ceramic from China will be displayed at the art exhibition, which will be free and open to the public March 2-10.
Several events will be held during the exhibition week including films, art talks and special student tours and workshops. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"