London, Jan 26 : A day after Twitter unveiled a new app Vine, rival firm Facebook has cut off the video-sharing application's "find people" button, which allowed members to connect to their friends on the social networking giant.
Twitter users trying to use the feature are greeted with an error message saying that Vine is not authorised to make the Facebookrequest.
The move is the latest in a series of apparent hostilities between the microblogging site and the social networking giant, the Telegraph reports.
At the end of last year Instagram, the Facebook-owned photo sharing app, disabled the feature that allowed Twitter to properly display its photos, in a sign of growing tensions between the two platforms.
This meant that Twitter users were forced to click through to the Instagram site if they wanted to see photos in their entirety.
It then emerged that Twitter had earlier made a failed 525 million dollars bid to buy Instagram.
Suggestions that Twitter had "verbally agreed" a deal to buy the app only intensified hostilities with Facebook, the paper said. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"