Islamabad, Dec. 3 : The granddaughter of former Pakistan premier Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto and daughter of the late Murtaza Bhutto has dismissed media reports about her advent into politics for the upcoming elections.
"Tribune story exists only in the galloping imagination of the author. It is obviously, wildly untrue," The Express Tribune quoted Fatima Bhutto, as saying in micro-blogging website Twitter.
Earlier, the paper had quoted her mother, Ghinwa Bhutto, as saying that Fatima has decided to put long-standing speculations to rest and embark on a political career.
"Pakistan People''s Party-Shaheed Bhutto (PPP-SB) Chairperson Ghinwa Bhutto announced that Fatima - granddaughter of former premier Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto and daughter of the late Murtaza Bhutto - will compete in the upcoming elections from Liaquatpur town of Liaqatpur tehsil in Rahim Yar Khan district of Punjab for the NA-192 seat," the paper had earlier reported.
Fatima, who has published a deeply controversial book on the life and times for her late father, has been a vocal critic of the current government run by her estranged relatives.
She has, for years, rubbished the chances of entering politics. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"