New Delhi, Dec 5 : NCP leader Praful Patel Wednesday said that FDI in retail trade will help India to progress.
"FDI in retail is the need of the nation. It will help the nation progress," Patel said while taking part in a parliamentary debate on the decision to allow foreign direct investment in multi-brand trade.
"The apprehensions are uncalled for. We have to move with time. The youth want to move ahead with time and stand on their own feet," the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MP said.
"Just as we are opposing FDI in retail, in America, they are protesting import of software from India. Should we not export to them?"
He said FDI in retail would also help farmers. "The sourcing of materials will be local. Farmers will benefit." (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"