Murshidabad, Feb 8 : West Bengal Police on Friday registered an FIR against Union Minister of State for Railways Adhir Ranjan Chowdhary for allegedly instigating his supporters to attack the house of Murshidabad District Magistrate Rajiv Kumar.
The police registered the case against the Congress leader , who also represents Murshidabad constituency of Lok Sabha, under Section 156 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC).
According to reports, the video of the attack showed Chowdhury instigating a mob of Congress workers to ransack Kumar''s house.
However, Chowdhary claimed that he was only trying to prevent Congress workers from vandalising the District Magistrate''s residence on Thursday.
"We went to meet DM but he refused to meet. Our workers got angry. It''s the DM''s employees who turned violent. I was the one who tried to calm things down," said Chowdhary. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"