Jaipur, Feb 6 : Five-month-old Radha, who had sustained severe injuries after her father, in a drunken fit, chewed off her nose and lips Jan 25, died in a hospital here Wednesday.
Last week, plastic surgery was conducted on Radha. Doctors failed to save her as her condition suddenly worsened Wednesday morning. She was kept in an incubator, but could not survive. She died of aspiration pneumonia at the state government-run SMS Hospital here.
"Aspiration pneumonia is inflammation of the lungs and airways to the lungs (bronchial tubes) from breathing in foreign material," a doctor at the hospital explained.
Aspiration pneumonia occurs when foreign materials (usually food, liquids, vomit, or fluids from the mouth) are breathed into the lungs or airways leading to the lungs.
On Jan 25, Radha's father, 36-year-old Bhadar Singh, a farm labourer in Siyana village of Bikaner district in Rajasthan, in a drunken state, assaulted his wife after beating the couple's three-year-old elder daughter. He chewed off Radha's lips and nose, irritated by her constant crying.
Radha was admitted to SMS Hospital in a critical condition soon after the incident, and plastic surgery was conducted on her lips four days later.
The police had arrested and booked Radha's father under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). They are now considering including murder charges too. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"