Moscow, Dec 11 - The rejuvenation of general (light utility) aircraft production in Russia should include foreign companies, President Vladimir Putin said Monday, but it must include widespread localisation.
He said several foreign companies have made proposals for assembly of their aircraft in Russia. "This would not seem to be so bad, but if we go down that route, we will never develop our own skills, which we need as much as the air we breathe."
"We need to revive light aviation, but on our own base with modern technological solutions, using the experience of foreign countries - perhaps it would even be good to bring in their experience, capital and technology - but production should be in Russia," Putin said.
Putin cited the model of the Russian car industry as an example. "We can and must invite foreign participants in this process along with capital and technology, but with one absolute condition - with growth of local production, and expansion of domestic production on Russian territory." (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"