New Delhi, July 17 - The government is awaiting the forensic report to know the reason why "food was contaminated" causing 21 deathsi a school in Bihar's Saran district, said Minister for Human Resource Development M. M. Pallam Raju here.
"It is very sad to know about yesterday's (Tuesday) incident where food poisoning has taken place and 20 children and the cook have passed away and another 21 are hospitalised. We have taken serious note of what has happened," the minister told reporters.
The minister also added that a senior official who looks after the mid-day meal programme is in Bihar for a first hand information.
"It looks like contaminated food... but we are awaiting the forensic report, which will be out later today (Wednesday) and we will know the reason then why the food was contaminated," the minister said.
Twenty dead children were buried near the school.
A case has been registered against the school's headmistress Meena Devi and other teachers. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"