Islamabad, Jan 7 : A 60-year-old imposter, who claimed to be an international journalist and having links with former US president George W. Bush and former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan, was arrested for not paying his hotel bills in Islamabad.
He was however later released. Zahid Ghani checked into a local hotel in On September last year, telling the receptionist that he was a regular guest at the hotel since 2001 and the Press Information Department (PID) would pay his bills, reports The Dawn.
However, when the hotel management contacted the PID at the end of Ghani''s stay, which lasted up to more than two weeks, the department refused to pay the bill. Later on October 8, Ghani gave the hotel management a fake cheque valuing 3,192 dollars, following which Ghani was taken into custody.
In November, Ghani tried to lodge a police complaint against the staff of the hotel claiming that the hotel staff had kept him locked in the hotel room, denying him food, which in a way threatened his life because he suffered from a medical condition.
Later he moved an application in the court seeking direction in the registration of the case. But he was again arrested and shifted to Adiala jail, after his interim bail was cancelled on December, 3, 2012 and remained there till December 20.
A PID official, however, confirmed that Ghani had come to their office and had met with some officers. But the officer expressed ignorance over payment of bills saying that the PID does not pay bills of journalists. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"