London, Jan 25 : Google has refused to censor Internet search results, which accused police in the UK of covering up crime and of racism.
Google, in its Transparency Report', said one police force asked it to remove 14 websites from search results that criticised it and claimed "individuals were involved in obscuring crimes".
In a separate incident, Google said it also refused to take down a YouTube video that alleged racism by another force, the Telegraph reports.
The Internet search giant publishes the report to provide information on government attempts to obtain private information from the search giant, as well as censor material from the dominant search engine.
According to the paper, requests for information range from asking Google to reveal the identity of an individual user to allowing authorities to read full emails.
Google makes no secret of the fact that it is unhappy about the increasing quantity of data requests, and the report is seen as a way of highlighting to a privacy-conscious public the pressure it is under, the paper added. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"