New Delhi, Dec 11 - The government has no hesitation in holding an inquiry on reports of Wal-Mart lobbying in the US to open the way for foreign equity in retail trade in India, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath told parliament Tuesday.
Amid ruckus in both houses of parliament with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) demanding an explanation from the government on the issue, Kamal Nath assured members that the government was "concerned over the issue".
"We have no hesitation in having an inquiry in this and money spent in India. We are open for a discussion and this is matter of concern for the government," he told both houses of parliament.
"We want to get to the facts of the matter. I would during course of the day make further announcements towards this," he added.
Both the houses were disrupted with the BJP demanding a discussion on Wal-Mart reportedly spending Rs. 125 crore on lobbying activities in the US, including on issues related to enhanced market access for investment in India. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"