New Delhi, March 6 : Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati Wednesday said the Uttar Pradesh government was protecting former minister Raja Bhaiyya, who has been booked for the murder of a senior police officer.
"The Samajwadi Party (SP) government in the state is protecting Raja Bhaiyya, otherwise he would have been arrested by now," Mayawati told reporters here.
Independent legislator from Kunda Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya Monday quit as the state food and civil supplies minister after he was charged with conspiring for the murder of Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul Haq.
Haq was killed by an irate mob in Pratapgarh late Saturday. But his widow accused Raja Bhaiyya of being the key conspirator in the murder of her husband.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the police officer's murder. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"