Chandigarh, Dec 11 - The Haryana government will begin a month long campaign to sterilise stray dogs in Fatehabad district to save the 500 black bucks in the region, an official said Tuesday.
"In 26 villages of Fatehabad district, there are about 500 black bucks. This species is on the verge of extinction and one major reason behind this is that they are being frequently attacked by the stray dogs," the official said. There are about 2,000 stray dogs in the district.
"Therefore we have decided that to put a check on the increasing population of stray dogs through this sterilisation campaign that would be launched shortly," the official said, adding that environmentalist Maneka Gandhi had discussed the issue with the district administration and ensured cooperation.
The Haryana government would spend Rs. 15 lakh to implement the campaign, which will begin in the next fortnight. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"