Manali, Jan 2 : Himachal Pradesh has a vast potential for tourism and efforts are being made to develop new spots to attract more visitors, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said here Thursday.
Addressing a gathering in this tourist resort after inaugurating the national-level Winter Carnival, the chief minister said environment conservation along with promotion of tourism was the main focus of the government.
"Manali and its surrounding areas are full of natural beauty and efforts would be made for further development of these areas from the tourism point of view," he said.
Virbhadra Singh said a bridge would be constructed at the Nehru Kund to streamline traffic in and around Manali town.
He also said the Hamta Pass will be soon opened for tourists.
Tourism officials said the pass, which goes through Prini village on the outskirts of Manali, is known for a cottage of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. It also has a vast potential for skiing, trekking and mountaineering.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"