Shimla, July 10 : Rains have abated in Himachal Pradesh after battering the state for four days, triggering landslides and snapping road links in many areas, officials here said Wednesday.
The water level has declined in most of the rivers that were in spate. But the southwestern monsoon will be active again in the region from July 14.
"No major rainfall was recorded in the state in the past 24 hours. Such conditions would continue to prevail till June 14," a Met department official told IANS.
Kullu district's Kasol, a village that has earned notoriety for plantation of cannabis in the higher reaches, recorded 21 mm rainfall -- the highest amount in the hill state.
Jogindernagar and Una towns recorded 11 mm rain each, while Palampur, Udaipur and Paonta Sahib received 4 mm each.
A government spokesperson said the water level in the Satluj, Beas and Yamuna rivers and their tributaries receded. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"