Shimla, Aug 23 : The Congress-led Himachal Pradesh government has failed to get any relief from the central government despite the colossal damage the state suffered during rains, former chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said Friday.
"The government is just fooling the public by saying that the centre is extending financial help to the state to start relief and rescue work," he said here.
"But so far not even a penny has been received by the state," the Bharatiya Janata Party leader told reporters after a party rally.
He said the Congress had made a habit of giving statements during elections that the central government had extended thousands of crores to the states for development.
"This type of campaign is going on in all NDA-ruled states to mislead the locals," Dhumal said.
Taking a jibe at the state government, Dhumal said after coming into power, the Congress ministers visited Delhi seeking special packages for the state.
"But so far not even a penny has come from the centre," he said.
"The state is in financial crunch and all ministers are busy in their publicity campaigns. The government is vindictive and busy in registering false cases against their political rivals."(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"