New Delhi, Aug 28 - Lok Sabha member from Mandi in Himachal Pradesh Pratibha Singh has sought better mobile connectivity and postal services in remote areas of the state, an official statement said Wednesday.
Pratibha Singh met Minister of State for Communications Milind Murli Deora here and requested him to sanction more state-run Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) mobile towers for tribal, difficult and backward areas.
"Pratibha Singh said the call drop rate in these areas is highest and the entire BSNL mobile network in Kinnaur collapsed during the recent flash-floods," she said.
She demanded that new mobile towers be set up in higher reaches so as to cover maximum areas under mobile network.
The MP, who is wife of Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, also sought assistance from the central government to connect all the post offices in tribal areas with high speed Internet connection. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"