Shimla, Jan 21: The hills of Himachal Pradesh Monday saw a sunny but cold day with temperatures remaining below the freezing point in many places, the Met Office said. Most of the hill stations are wrapped in a thick blanket of snow.
Keylong, the headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest with a minimum temperature of -16.5 degrees Celsius, an official of India Meteorological Departmenttold IANS here.
Manali saw a low of 6 degrees below the freezing point, while the temperature was one degree Celsius in Shimla and 4.4 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
Most of the popular hill stations, including Shimla, Kasauli, Manali, Chail, Kufri, Narkanda, McLeodganj, Chamba and Dalhousie, have been wrapped in a thick blanket of snow and the snow would stay till weekend.
The chill would extend over the weekend as snow and rain would continue in the state after Jan 23.(IANS)
- Rohit Verma during his fashion show
- Rohit Verma with Swati Loomba during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rohhit Verma with Shilpa Marigold during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rohhit Verma with Shiba during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rahul Roy, Shilpa Marigold with Rohhit Verma during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show