Shimla, Jan 21: The hills of Himachal Pradesh Monday saw a sunny but cold day with temperatures remaining below the freezing point in many places, the Met Office said. Most of the hill stations are wrapped in a thick blanket of snow.
Keylong, the headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest with a minimum temperature of -16.5 degrees Celsius, an official of India Meteorological Departmenttold IANS here.
Manali saw a low of 6 degrees below the freezing point, while the temperature was one degree Celsius in Shimla and 4.4 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
Most of the popular hill stations, including Shimla, Kasauli, Manali, Chail, Kufri, Narkanda, McLeodganj, Chamba and Dalhousie, have been wrapped in a thick blanket of snow and the snow would stay till weekend.
The chill would extend over the weekend as snow and rain would continue in the state after Jan 23.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"