New Delhi, Jan 24 : Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati on Thursday said Union Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde should not have made any statement that would hurt Hindu sentiments.
Shinde had made the controversial remark on the final day of the Congress Party's Chintan Shivir in Jaipur on Sunday, accusing the BJP and RSS of holding terror-training camps and promoting "Hindu terrorism" in the country.
"Shinde is holding a very important office in the Union Cabinet. He should have first made the facts public before making any comment. He should not have hurt Hindu community''s sensibilities," said Mayawati at a press conference here.
"Even if he has facts, there are lots of cases before courts across the nation regarding terrorism, but until the judgement is out he should have reserved his opinion," she added.
Home Minister's statement immediately invited condemnation from both the BJP and the RSS and now they are demanding Shinde's resignation. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"