London, Jan 31 : Bill Gates has said that 13 is the appropriate age for a child's first cell phone, adding that he has applied the rule to his family.
The 57-year-old, father-of-three revealed on the `Today' show that his children Jennifer and Rory were not allowed phones until their thirteenth birthday and his youngest daughter Phoebe is still waiting for one, the Daily Mail reported.
"We've chosen in our family that it's 13 where you get a phone," he said.
He said as a result his brood often return home from school complaining that all other kids have it, except for them.
Asked if he keeps passwords to his son and daughters' email and Facebook accounts, Gates said that he doesn't for 16-year-old daughter Jennifer, who he describes as "independent".
He admitted that monitoring online activity is "a very tricky issue for parents now."
Despite their vast wealth the Gates couple, who live in Lake Medina, just outside Seattle, Washington, have said that they want to give their children as normal an upbringing as possible. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"