Lucknow, June 4 : Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said Tuesday that the law and order in Uttar Pradesh would be brought under control within a fortnight if he had been the chief minister.
He also praised Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for his style of functioning and said he had brought the crime rate down in his state.
This is the second time in less than a year that Mulayam Singh has publicly criticized his son and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Earlier, at a function a few months ago, he had cited his discussion with Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L. K. Advani and had said he agreed with his observation that the law and order situation in the state was very bad.
The former defence minister also said that in comparison to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, he found Nitish Kumar a better chief minister.
Addressing the press on the sidelines of a book launch, Mulayam Singh, however, patted the UP chief minister by saying that he was happy that promises made in the party's manifesto were being fulfilled.
"It is heartening to note that the state government is the only government in the country which is fulfilling promises made in the election manifesto," he said.
He said he always had discussions with Akhilesh Yadav and gave him suggestions whenever need arose.
"I discuss issues with him as the president of the party. Whenever required, I offer my advice too," Mulayam Singh added. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"