Srinagar, June 13 : Four people, including an IAS officer, were killed and three others, including another IAS officer and an IPS officer, were injured in a road accident in Jammu and Kashmir's Ladakh Thursday, police said. All the officials were of the Madhya Pradesh cadre.
A senior police officer told IANS that Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Dharma Rao, of the commissioner/secretary rank, his wife Vidya Rao, their companion Kumar Singh and driver Karma Dorji died on the spot when their vehicle fell into a deep gorge at Khardungla, 500 km from here on the Leh-Nubra road.
The accident occurred after the driver lost control.
The injured, who included Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Ashok Avasthi, of the rank of inspector general of police, his wife Manjuri and Shailendra Kumar, also of the rank of commissioner/secretary in the IAS, were brought to Leh hospital for treatment, the officer said.
The officer said the group of officers from Madhya Pradesh were on a holiday in Ladakh.
Khardungla Pass is situated at 18,380 feet above the sea level.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"