Islamabad, Dec. 3 : Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan has said that if he comes into power, the first thing he would do is to disengage Pakistan from the US war on terrorism, adding, that such disengagement would make the "Jihad syndrome" go away.
"We will be friend of the US, but we''re not going to be slaves of the US.
They are losing the war, because they are losing the hearts and minds of the people," The Nation quoted him, as saying.
He said there is more anti-Americanism and more hatred in Pakistan due to the Obama administration''s handling of the situation.
Khan believes that while Obama and Biden had their heart in the right place, they are surrounded by Generals and military Advisers, who he believes do not give them correct guidance.
With just a few months to go until the upcoming Pakistani elections, Khan seems more confident than ever that he will emerge a winner this time around.
"People are sick of the old political leadership, who have all been in power in the last five years and have led Pakistan to destruction," he said.
As for the electoral alliance proposal offered by former President Pervez Musharraf, Khan said that alliance with Musharraf would be ''political suicide''.
"There is more terrorism and extremism in Pakistan than ever in our history thanks to Musharraf," he said. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"