Dhaka, Aug 20 : An Indian national was arrested and 65 gold bars weighing eight kilograms were seized from him at the Shahjalal International Airport here.
Customs officials challenged Dipak Kumar Acharya, 60, who was moving in a suspicious manner, and recovered the gold bars from his hand bag around 10.30 p. m. Monday.
Alamgir Hossain, senior assistant superintendent of Armed Police Battalion, told The Daily Star Tuesday that 11,225 memory cards and 11 iphones were also recovered from him.
The seized gold is worth 3.5 crore Bangladeshi takas while the other items are worth 50 lakh Bangladeshi takas.
Acharya had come to Dhaka from Hong Kong on a Bangladesh Biman flight and was supposed to fly to Kolkata the same night, local media reports said.
Earlier too, he had been arrested at the same airport for smuggling goods, airport sources were quoted as saying.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"