New Delhi, Dec 26 : Asserting that India''s relations with Nepal is deep rooted and unique with no parallel, President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday said New Delhi attaches the highest priority to further strengthening its bilateral relations with Kathmandu in every sphere.
President Mukherjee told the visiting Nepal President Dr Ram Baran Yadav that ''it is in India''s interest that Nepal progresses as a stable, secular, democratic republic''.
"It has always been India''s endeavour to support peace, stability and prosperity in Nepal, in accordance with their wishes. As a close friend and neighbour, India will continue to do its best to assist Nepal in its socio-economic development," he added.
President Mukherjee told Dr. Ram Baran Yadav, who called on him at the Rashtrapati Bhavan here, that ''people of India consider him a great friend and value his long-standing support for India-Nepal relations''.
"His visit provides an important opportunity to further strengthen the excellent bilateral relations between the two countries," he said.
The President of Nepal thanked President Mukherjee for the hospitality extended by the Government and people of India. Dr. Yadav said Nepal and India are closely connected with each other. He thanked the President for the development assistance extended by India in virtually every sector. (ANI)
- Rohit Verma during his fashion show
- Rohit Verma with Swati Loomba during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rohhit Verma with Shilpa Marigold during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rohhit Verma with Shiba during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rahul Roy, Shilpa Marigold with Rohhit Verma during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show