Sydney, Jan. 21 : A senior Indonesian judge is facing dismissal for saying that `rape victims received pleasure from the crime'.
An official said that judicial commission has recommended Judge Daming Sunusi to be dismissed.
According to the Herald Sun, the judge sparked outrage after he said that `the one raped and the rapist both enjoy it.'
The judge made the remark while answering a question during an interview for a Supreme Court position.
He was trying to explain why rapists should not be executed.
Judicial spokesman Asep Rahmat Fajar told an international news agency that an inquiry had `concluded he had breached the judicial code of ethics' with respect to the proper conduct of judges.
He said that they recommended a heavy sanction and that he be dismissed from his profession as a judge.
Sunusi will now be facing the ethics tribunal where he has the opportunity to defend himself.
Sunusi has apologised for the comment, insisting he was trying to lighten the mood of the tense interview, the report said.
The House of Representatives ethics council is also considering a probe into politicians who reportedly laughed at Sunusi''s remarks, the Jakarta Globe newspaper reported. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"