Dubai, Dec 10 : Iran has launched its own video-sharing website to compete against Google's popular YouTube whose content is deemed inappropriate by the Islamic regime.
The website (http://www.mehr.ir) called `Mehr', meaning affection in Farsi, aims to attract Farsi-speaking users and also promote Iranian culture, says the website's `About us' page.
A Facebook page dedicated to Mehr is providing links to some of its content, including music clips produced in Iran, Gulf News reports.
According to the report, Iran is working on rolling out its national intranet that it says will be clean of un-Islamic content.
Authorities claim the "National Internet" would not cut access to the Internet. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"