Tehran, Aug 28 - Iranian parliamentarians Tuesday approved a bill that seeks to sue the US for its involvement in the 1953 coup that overthrew the democratically-elected prime minister Mohamed Mosaddeq, media reported.
During an open session of the Iranian Majlis (parliament) Tuesday, the parliamentarians voted in favour of the urgent need to take a legal action against the US, Xinhua reported citing a Press TV report.
In case of a final approval, an ad hoc committee will be set up to debate ways of filing a formal complaint against the US government in the international courts for its interference in Iran's internal affairs and causing damages, the report added.
Earlier this month, the US declassified documents revealing the details of the CIA involvement in the coup against the democratically-elected prime minister of Iran 60 years ago. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"