Jerusalem, May 20 : Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said his government remains committed to prevent transfer of the advanced weaponry to Lebanese militant group Hezbollah.
"We are acting in accordance with the policy we had set to prevent as much as possible the transfer of advanced weapons to Hezbollah and terror elements," reported Xinhua citing Netanyahu as saying Sunday.
"The Israeli government is operating in a responsible, determined and level-headed manner in order to ensure the supreme interest of the country, which is the safety of its citizens," the prime minister said, vowing to continue "guaranteeing Israel's security interests".
The remarks came hours after a British daily reported that Syria has placed batteries of its most advanced missiles on standby "with orders to hit Tel Aviv" in the event Israel launches another attack on its territory.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"