Jerusalem, Aug 12 - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu left a hospital in Jerusalem Sunday evening after undergoing emergency hernia surgery overnight, a statement from his office said.
Physicians at the Hadassah Ein Kerem Medical Centre said all of Netanyahu's vital signs were "normal" and the operation was a success, Xinhua reported.
Netanyahu thanked the medical team that treated him and the citizens who wished him well.
Earlier on Sunday, Netanyahu retained his authorities after they were temporarily assumed by Defence Minister Moshe Ya'alon, who was appointed acting prime minister during the eight hours in which Netanyahu was incapacitated.
Netanyahu, 63, was rushed to Hadassah Ein Kerem Saturday evening after he complained of abdominal pain. He was taken into surgery immediately after a CT scan confirmed a preliminary diagnosis by his personal physician that he was suffering from umbilical hernia.
A medical team headed by Hadassah's chief surgeon performed the one-hour procedure while Netanyahu was under general anaesthesia, after which he was transferred to the recovery unit under heavy guard.
The Israeli cabinet cancelled its regular weekly session Sunday. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"