Tokyo, Feb 2 : Masato Uchishiba, a two-times Olympic judo gold winner, was sentenced to five years in prison for rape by Tokyo District Court on Friday.
Uchishiba, who coached a women''s judo club at Kyushu University of Nursing and Social Welfare, raped a female member at a Tokyo hotel after drinking in 2011.
The victim was an 18-year-old student of the university.
The prosecutors had given the 34-year-old Olympic champion a five-year jail term, saying there was "no doubt he raped the student, who could not resist because she had passed out drunk.
" Uchishiba was arrested in December 2011 and barred from all judo activities by the All Japan Judo Federation in January 2012.
He won the gold medal in the men''s under 66-kg division at the 2004 Olympics in Athens, Greece and at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, China. (Xinhua-ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"