New Delhi, Jan 31 - Talks between Jet Airways and the Abu Dhabi based Etihad Airways are on, Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh said here Thursday, adding that there was no problem in concluding a stake sale deed between the two airlines.
"This is a very good move... that Jet and Etihad are talking about a deal. Our concern is that the aviation sector in India should grow and that the competition should also grow. I do not see any problem in this deal if they fulfil all the regulatory requirements," Ajit Singh told reporters at his residence after meeting a delegation comprising members of both airlines.
The delegation will meet Commerce Minister Anand Sharma later in the day to brief him about possible foreign capital infusion from the Abu Dhabi based airline into the Indian domestic passenger carrier. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"