Ranchi, June 13 : Jharkhand legislator Arup Chatterji surrendered in a Dhanbad district court Thursday and was sent to jail in connection with a 2007 case related to obstruction of official work at a coalfield, a lawyer said.
The case dates back to 2007, and Chatterji was charged with obstructing official work at the Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL) in Mugama in Dhanbad, about 240 km from state capital Ranchi.
Chatterji is a Marxist Coordination Committee (MCC) legislator representing Nirsa assembly constituency of Dhanbad district.
He was out on bail, and the bail period ended a few days ago. He surrendered Thursday, and was sent to judicial custody for 14 days.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"