Ranchi, Aug 15 - Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren declared Thursday that his government was ready to hold talks with Maoists if they gave up violence.
"We are ready for talks with Maoists but they (Maoists) have to first stop violence," the chief minister said in his address on the occasion of India's 67th Independence Day.
Soren unfurled the tricolour at Morabadi ground here.
"Improving law and order situation is a priority," he said, adding that his government proposed to distribute government land among the landless.
He pledged to set up old age homes in each district.
Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmad hoisted the tricolour in the other capital, Dumka. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"