Chennai, Jan. 3 : Dravida Munnettra Kazhagam (DMK) patriarch M. Karunanidhi on Thursday announced publicly that his third son, M K Stalin will be the next party chief after his death.
The 88-year-old leader also made it clear that he would continue to head the party till his death.
"Till my last breath I will take care of the party. For the question of who after me, Stalin is sitting here as an answer," said Karunanidhi while addressing party workers on the occasion of some PMK (Paattali Makkal Katchi) leader joining the DMK.
Karunanidhi, father of six children, has four sons- M. K. Alagiri, M. K. Stalin, M. K. Muthu, M. K. Tamilarasu and two daughters- Kanimozhi and Selvi.
Opponents of the DMK as well as some senior party leaders have criticized Karunanidhi in past for promoting Stalin as an attempt to start a political dynasty along the lines of the Nehru-Gandhi family.
Vaiko, who quit the DMK and formed MDMK (Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam), has been the most vocal against Stalin.
Born on March 1, 1953, Muthuvel Karunanidhi Stalin, popularly known as M. K. Stalin is the third son of Karunanidhi, had served as Youth Wing President of the DMK and Deputy Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
He won in the state assembly elections as an MLA in 2011. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"