Islamabad, Aug 27 - Afghan President Hamid Karzai has extended his stay in Pakistan for another day on the request of Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to discuss the peace process further, officials said Monday.
The visit was extended "for more talks," Xinhua reported quoting Afghan government spokesperson Ailmal Faizi and Pakistan Foreign Ministry spokesperson Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhry as saying.
Karzai was scheduled to conclude his visit Monday afternoon but he will stay till Tuesday.
"The Afghan delegation will keep on holding more meetings on the peace process, security issues, and talks with the armed opponents of the government," Faizi said, adding that the issue of Taliban prisoners was also discussed during the talks.
"I cannot say about any specific decision as yet, but we are hopeful the meetings will achieve useful results."
The spokesperson, describing the hour-long one-on-one meeting between Karzai and Sharif, said both leaders touched important issues.
Sharif will host a luncheon for Karzai at the scenic spot of Murree near Islamabad Tuesday.
Chaudhry told reporters that the talks were fruitful and all important issues were discussed while more talks will be held Tuesday.
He said both sides discussed the issue of Taliban talks and the release of the Taliban leaders, adding that no final decision has yet been made. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"