New Delhi, Dec 7 : Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convenor Arvind Kejriwal was today detained by the Delhi Police after he led a protest match to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit''s residence.
He was taken to the Parliament Street police station.
Kejriwal went to Dikshit''s residence to seek an appointment and discuss the demolition of houses in Shaheen Bagh near Okhla. Residents whose houses were demolished two days ago accompanied him.
"The land where these people are living is theirs; they have documents. But it''s unauthorised because you have to get the map passed by the government. The government cannot raze their homes like this. This is a land scam in the making; this has been done may be to give land to someone like Robert Vadra," Kejriwal alleged.
Kejriwal demanded an answer from Dikshit as no arrangements for the rehabilitation of the people whose houses were demolished were made.
"Sheila Dikshit can demolish any one of our houses, she can grab our lands. This land is on a prime location and there are several illegal and unauthorised showrooms nearby but they were not demolished. It seems that this land is been given away to any builder or to Robert Vadra," he said.
According to the protesters, Delhi Government ordered to raze an allegedly illegal colony of about 500 house and 200 shanties.
"There were about 400-500 houses and about 200 shanties, which were demolished within less than one hour without giving us any notice or intimation. They have not left even a single wall. They came with about 12 bulldozers and demolished our houses within one hour," said Raj Kamal, a protester whose house was demolished. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"