Bhubaneswar, March 16 : Kerala Police Saturday questioned former Odisha police chief Bidya Bhusan Mohanty, a day after gathering evidence in Odisha to prove that a man arrested by them was his parole-jumper son Bitti, convicted for rape.
Bitti jumped parole in 2006 after his conviction for raping a German woman in Rajasthan and was arrested in Kerala March 8 after the State Bank of Travancore, where he was working as a probationary officer, raised doubts about his identity.
The Kerala Police team questioned the former Odisha police chief at Cuttack, some 30 km from here.
One of the investigators said they had gathered enough proof to establish that the man arrested by them was none other than Bitti.
Bitti was first arrested from Alwar after he raped a German tourist there March 21, 2006. He was convicted April 12, 2006.
He was sentenced to seven years' imprisonment the rape. In November 2006, he secured parole to meet his ailing mother. Since then, his whereabouts were unknown. He was allegedly living in Kerala concealing his identity.
Kerala Police have been gathering evidence after he described himself as Raghava Rajan and backed his claim with passport, electoral identity card and school and college certificates some of which have Odisha connection.
The team earlier visited a university here to verify if it had issued a B-Tech (bachelor of technology) certificate to anyone named Raghava Rajan.
After verification, the team found it was untrue. It, however, found that the university had issued a certificate to Bitti. Kerala Police believe that Bitti forged the certificate in the name of Raghava Rajan.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"