Mumbai, Jan. 19 : Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh on Saturday clarified that the four-year-old KG student was molested and not raped, and said that the driver of the bus in which the incident took place has been arrested.
Admitting that the Mumbai Police had earlier registered the case of rape under section 376 by mistake, Singh said the girl was molested by the driver on Tuesday afternoon when children were being dropped back home.
"First of all, I would like to tell you that this is not a case of rape. The bus driver only touched her private part while dropping her home. The charges under section 376 levelled on the driver are wrong. Our officers have made a mistake. It is absolutely not a case of rape or attempt to rape. It is a simple case of molestation and even the medical report very categorically deny the charges," said Singh.
"The girl was the last student to be dropped and the female attendant was not present in the bus. The driver Ramesh Rajput has been arrested and he will remain in our custody till February 1," he added.
A case was earlier registered against the accused after a medical check-up of the girl. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"